Happy Bride Happy Bridesmaids

Today was the day that made this event even more real. I can't believe how quickly everything is coming up. 3 months ago, I had a day trip planned with my closest girls to find their dress. How crazy is it to think that I have only 7 months to go? I can say now that I am reaching that stage where I am thinking nonstop at night about flowers, djs, photography, and that I am going to be married in less than a year! Last night was probably one of the worst. I did not get any sleep. I feel like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to come with the presents.

8 o'clock finally rolled around and I got myself out of bed. I let the girls know to be ready at 8:30 because we had to take 1960. I don't know how many of you are familiar with Houston but 1960 has got to be THE worst when it comes to traffic lights. Don't even get me started.

We reached Alfred Angelo at 9:55 for an appointment at 10.

Walking in, I already felt excited. I knew we were going to find their dresses today and that they would be gorgeous.

We were greeted by a woman who seemed surprised to see us all with big smiles on our face. Apparently, she never has a hard time picking out the bride because she is smiling but all of us were. That comment made my day. Not only was I extremely happy but so were my girls. We talked a little about styles and their personalities, of course Clarissa was described as the "blunt" one you find in every group.

The appointment was off to a quick start but I wasn't complaining. She brought us a few strapless sweetheart dresses made of Chiffon. There were 2 dresses that stood out to us. One was a beautiful one shoulder, floor-length dress that looked flattering on all of them. It was a little over budget but we agreed to keep it in mind. The next one was a strapless Chiffon dress with a ruched bodess.

The girls really seemed to like this one, even more than the first dress they tried on. Of course, there were a couple in between that we just won't mention.Once again, this dress was beautiful on the girls but over budget. We decided that $150 was a reasonable budget when taking into consideration that there will be alterations, accessories and other expenses. This dress was $180.

Next, we decided to try on satin dresses because they would match my wedding gown. Honestly, I wasn't too hopeful with this one but turns out, I was surprised.

They tried on a satin gown with a sweetheart neckline and simple beading. All of us agreed that this dress was beautiful but would look better had there not been as much poof. The consultant informed us that we could take the tulle out so that the dress would lay a little flatter. However, this dress was $200.



Being that we liked this dress, we asked if we could find a similar outline but without the extra fabric underneath. This brought out our winner. A satin gown, sweetheart neckline, slimming, elegant and simple. The best part is it was under budget. We had all sorts of ideas for accessories!





Next, we picked the colors. For the bridesmaids we chose "Blue Box" and for Stacey we chose "Beyond The Sea". The dresses should arrive in a few weeks and I am so excited to see the fit and color all together on these wonderful ladies!

Of course, when we are called to pick up the dresses I will be sure to take pictures and share my joy.


Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend. - Plautus


No comments:

Post a Comment