It's A Wonderful Life-- Cupcake Edition

I know that today, the plan was that my baker friend and I would get together and work on wedding cake ideas, but something came up. But don't be mad, because I will still post an awesome recipe. Eat this, and you'll forget all about my missed post.

We will most likely get together in a couple of weeks, so no worries. You'll get your wedding cake fun in soon.

This is a really yummy treat that would be PERFECT for a bridal shower, engagement party, or just a bad day.

Filling:
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg
1/8 tsp. salt
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. peanut butter chips (or just use more chocolate if you want)

Cupcakes:
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. water
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 Tbs. white vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla

In a bowl, beat cream cheese. Add sugar, egg, salt. Mix well. Fold in chips. Set aside. For cupcakes, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix well. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with batter. Top each with 2 Tbs. of cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. Makes 18


Also, I decided to change things up a bit. Instead of saying "happy planning" at the end of my posts, I'll end it with a cute little quote that'll make you smile. Well, hopefully.

You'll wear white and he'll wear out the words 'I love you'

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I can't wait to get in the kitchen and give these a whirl. I am planning on making a batch of the red velvet one that are posted as well.

    Do you have any easy h'odevres recipes could be used for a bridemaids party?

    ReplyDelete